We all know the pandemic of COVID-19 greatly affected how we live our lives and how we attended events. We’re all got stuck behind screens and in virtual parties for too long. But now, things are looking up as countries move forward with a massive global undertaking of vaccinating as much people as possible to put an end to the health risks we face and get back to some sort of normalcy.
The United States have made huge progress and entertainment companies are now looking forward to creating events and hosting large numbers of people. It looks like festival season will be making a return and the Red Rocks Amphitheater looks like is leading the way.
The iconic venue’s 80th anniversary summer season will operate at a limited capacity of 2,500 which is around 25% of its normal capacity. But do note that this massive size reduction will not affect its typically awe-inspiring performance schedule.
There are a large variety of shows slated for Red Rocks this year. From a performance by legendary rock band Lynyrd Skynyrd to a Kidz Bop World Tour concert, the venue will host big names and exciting events in the coming months.
Standing out above the rest of these upcoming events will be a massive list of electronic music shows. ZHU, Zeds Dead, Alison Wonderland, and many more are set to return to Red Rocks this year.
It is definitely exciting news for everyone. Especially fans of those electronic music artists who’ve been waiting for a break and a chance to party and enjoy live music safely.
As the pandemic keeps ravaging many parts of the world, the venue will be taking all the necessary precautions to make sure guests will have a safe and enjoyable experience.
As expected, face coverings and social distancing will be strictly enforced, and the venue has implemented a completely touch-less experience with cashless concession payments and touch-free restroom fixtures, among other measures. A full breakdown of Red Rocks’ COVID-19 guidelines can be found here.
To make sure attendees enjoy the concerts and events even during fierce weather, organizers commissioned a colossal new roof over the amphitheatre’s stage. This open air venue is celebrated for its natural acoustics, which are made possible by the two giant monoliths that flank its seating area and stage. Some people fear the new roof might affect the acoustics of the stage, but fear not, the new roof isn’t expected to affect the stage’s sound dispersion at all.
The full list of Red Rocks’ 2021 electronic music concerts
- May 1-2 – KAYTRANADA, Sango, Lou Phelps
- May 3 – ZHU, Manic Focus
- May 4 – ZHU, Marvel Years
- May 5 – ZHU, Kill Paris
- May 6 – SunSquabi
- May 9-11 – ZHU
- May 12-13 – Diplo, SIDEPIECE
- June 1 – 3OH!3
- July 2-3 – Zeds Dead
- July 7 – Lindsey Stirling
- July 23 – STS9, Shpongle, MIZE
- July 24 – STS9, Tycho DJ Set, Chrome Sparks
- August 11-12 – RÜFÜS DU SOL
- August 20 – Big Wild, Bob Moses, Crooked Colours, Mild Minds
- August 26-27 – Louis the Child, What So Not, Elderbrook, Goth Babe
- September 2 – REZZ, Rusko, Lucii, Champagne Drip, Meso, sfam
- September 3 – REZZ, Golden Features, Ivy Lab, X&G, Sara Landry
- September 14-15 – Alison Wonderland
- September 24 – Rowdytown IX: Big Gigantic, NGHTMRE, GoldFish, Covex
- September 25 – Rowdytown IX: Big Gigantic, PEEKABOO, slenderbodies, Dreamers Delight
- October 7 – Illenium Throwback Set
- October 8-9 – Illenium
- October 10 – OPIUO and CloZee, LSDREAM, Of The Trees, K+Lab
- October 14-15 – Lane 8
- October 22 – Above & Beyond
- November 4-5 – Deadmau5 (Day of the Deadmau5)
- November 12 – Ganga White Night, Boogie T, SubDocta, Stratus B2B Walter Wilde, Computa B2B Matt Doe
- November 13 – Ganga White Night, Mala, The Widdler, Ternion Sound, Khiva
- November 14 – Ganga White Night, Caspa, TRUTH, Mr. Bill, Pushloop
Buy Tickets on the Red Rocks official website
Cancelled 2021 Red Rocks Events
- May 9 – Die Antwoord
- May 15 – Global Dub Festival
- June 4 – Joe Russo’s Almost Dead
- June 6 – Stick Figure
- July 12 – Rainbow Kitten Surprise
- July 13 – Rainbow Kitten Surprise
- July 25 – Colorado Symphony & Chorus perform Beethoven #9
- July 26 – Halsey
- July 27 – Halsey
- September 6 – Maren Morris
Confirmed 2022 Events
- April 22 – Galantis and 3LAU with Mat Zo, KLO
For ticketing information, event updates and more details, check out the Red Rocks’ website.